Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Baby Dedication


This Sunday we celebrated her life. 


But more importantly I was held accountable as a parent. 
I was making a promise "to decide now what matters most for her future."
I promised to keep working hard.
I promised to be healthy. 


I promised to teach her three basic truths:

- God loves her
- God made her
- Jesus wants to be her friend forever


I promised to be held accountable to the following:

- make healthy friendships
- looking for ways to learn and grow as a mom
- continue building a relationship with God
- stay connected with the church
- stay connected with my family. 


I formed a list of five values I wanted to her to learn and five habits I wanted to start. 

Five Values:

- Loving herself and loving others. Seeing the value in other people. 
- Honesty
- Working hard
- Kindness
- Modesty

Five Habits: 

- "Community Outreach" i.e. visiting the nursing home once a week.
- Spending our mornings together. Eating breakfast together.
- Spending bedtime together: reading books and praying with her
- Spending time reading the bible together. 
- Loving life, having fun together


My actions now will forever affect her. 


What I am doing now will shape the kind of adult she will be. 


And she deserves the best! 

No comments:

Post a Comment